- A) cortisol and cortisone
- B) estrogen and progesterone
- C) thyroxine and triiodothyronine
- D) melatonin and serotonin
Answer:D) melatonin and serotonin
Explanation: Tryptophan is the precursor for neurotransmitter serotonin and melatonin, which is a hormone secreted by the pineal gland. It is an essential amino acid and therefore cannot be produced in the body. It has to be supplemented in the diet.
- What Is The Main Role Of The Hypothalamus?
- What Controls the Pituitary Gland?
- Is cortisol a stress hormone?
- What Is LH Surge?
- Which hormone stimulates the process of gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to chemical coordination and integration.