Explanation: Carboxypeptidase is a proteolytic enzyme. Zinc is a cofactor for carboxypeptidase. A cofactor is a non-protein part of the holoenzyme, e.g. metal ions, coenzymes or prosthetic groups.
Watch the video below to get a detailed explanation of this question and related questions.
- How Do We Test for Lipids?
- Are Lipids Good Or Bad For You?
- How Is Protein Different from Carbohydrates?
- What Is The Role Of Nucleic Acids In The Synthesis Of Proteins?
- What Is Denaturation Of Proteins?
- What Are the Different Types of Enzyme?