Nitrogen Cycle is a biogeochemical process. It transforms the inert atmospheric nitrogen to a more usable form for living entities.
The major steps of the nitrogen cycle are –
- Nitrogen fixation – conversion of gaseous nitrogen to ammonia
- Nitrification – conversion of ammonia to nitrate
- Nitrogen assimilation – assimilation of nitrogen of molecules into nucleic acids and plant proteins
- Ammonification – conversion of biological nitrogen compounds into NH3 and NH4+
- Denitrification – Reduction of NO3- to N2
- How Do Humans Impact The Nitrogen Cycle?
- How Is The Nitrogen Cycle Affected By Global Warming?
- Why Nitrogen Cycle Is Called A Perfect Cycle?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn more NEET questions.