Translation is the process of polypeptide chain formation from the mRNA template. The main steps of translation are:
- Amino acid activation – Charging or aminoacylation of tRNA.
- Initiation – Binding of mRNA and aminoacylated tRNA to the small subunit of ribosome followed by the large subunit.
- Elongation – Formation of peptide bonds and growth of polypeptide chain until the ribosome reaches the stop codon in mRNA.
- Termination – After reaching stop codon, translation terminates. mRNA and protein dissociate from the ribosome.
- Polygenic Inheritance
- Chromosome Structure
- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
- Principles Of Inheritance And Variation – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Principles Of Inheritance And Variation
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to translation.