Newborn babies with Down Syndrome may exhibit the following characteristics:
- Small head and ears
- Short neck
- Flattened face
- Small hands and feet
- Upward slanting eyes
- Presence of Brushfield spots
- Short fingers with short hands
- A deep groove exists between the first and the second toe.
However, there are several types of Down Syndromes and the characteristics may be more or less apparent between the types. For example, babies with Mosaicism tend to have fewer signs and characteristics than those with trisomy 21.
- Down Syndrome – Overview
- Symptoms and Diagnosis of Down Syndrome
- What Are The 3 Types Of Down Syndrome?
- Down Syndrome MCQs
Register at BYJU’S NEET to explore other fascinating concepts.