Recombination is the process by which a stretch of DNA recombines to form new allelic combinations. Recombination occurs during gamete formation at the time of meiosis. It is responsible for genetic variation in different organisms of the same species. Crossing over between homologous chromosomes (one each from mother and father) results in recombination. Crossing over occurs at the pachytene stage of prophase I. Enzyme recombinase is involved in the crossing over process.
- Polygenic Inheritance
- Chromosome Structure
- Short Notes Of Biology For NEET Aneuploidy
- Chromosomal Disorder In Humans
- Cell – The Unit of Life
- Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
- Principles Of Inheritance And Variation – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Principles Of Inheritance And Variation
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to genes and chromosomes.