When a pollen grain falls on stigma, there occurs chemical communication between pollen grain and pistil, which helps pistil in recognising the right type of pollen. After acceptance, pollen starts germinating and the pollen tube grows towards the ovary carrying male gametes.
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Anatomy of Flowering Plants – Important Notes for NEET
- Morphology of Flowering Plants – Important Notes for NEET
- Plant Growth and Development
- Difference Between Staminate and Pistillate Flowers
- Difference Between Parthenocarpy and parthenogenesis
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to the Plant Kingdom.