The embryo sac is the female gametophyte of angiosperms. It is formed by the functional megaspore produced from the megaspore mother cells. The mature embryo sac of angiosperms is 7-celled and 8 nucleate. It contains:
- Egg apparatus: three cells at micropyle end, two synergids and one egg cell
- Antipodals: three cells at the chalazal end
- Large central cell: contains 2 polar nuclei
- What Happens To Synergids After Fertilization?
- How Megaspore Mother Cell Is Formed?
- What Is Micropylar End?
- How Do Seedless Plants Reproduce?
- What Is An Example Of Cross Pollination?
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to sexual reproduction in flowering plants.