The biological significance of RNA is as follows –
- mRNA molecule conveys the genetic information in the form of codons from the DNA to the ribosomes where it takes part in the protein synthesis
- rRNA helps in binding the mRNA to the ribosomal surface and the formation of peptide bonds between amino acids during the protein synthesis
- tRNA molecules transfer amino acids from the amino acid pool to the ribosomes and act as adaptors for attaching amino acids to the mRNA template during protein synthesis
- MCQs on Structure of RNA
- What are the 3 types of RNA?
- Are Ribosomes RNA?
- What Is The Main Function Of RNA?
- Is RNA an Amino Acid?