The main function of the ovaries is to produce the female gamete or ovum or oocytes by the process of oogenesis. The ovary also acts as an endocrine gland and secretes female sex hormones.
- Why Is A Single Ovum Produced By Oogenesis?
- Do Oogenesis And Spermatogenesis Both Continue Throughout The Human Lifespan?
- Which Hormone Triggers Spermatogenesis?
- When Does Embryo Transfer Happen?
- How Long Does Blastocyst Take to Implant?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to human reproduction.