There are peripheral and integral proteins present in the cell membrane. They are involved in the cell signalling pathway, defence mechanisms, facilitated diffusion and active transport. They also act as receptors, enzymes, cytoskeletal proteins, etc.
- What Are the Different Types of Membrane Transport?
- Do Proteins Have Specific Shapes?
- How Do Cells Regulate Protein Synthesis?
- How Can The Diversity Of Proteins In Living Organisms Be Explained?
- What Are Two Functions Of Proteins?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to proteins.