RuBP or ribulose bisphosphate is the primary acceptor of CO2 in the Calvin cycle. It is a five-carbon ketose sugar. In the first step of the Calvin cycle, RuBP is carboxylated by the enzyme RuBisCO or RuBP carboxylase to produce 3-phosphoglyceric acid (PGA). RuBP is regenerated at the end of the cycle.
- Why Does Photorespiration Not Occur In CAM Plants?
- What Are the 4 Limiting Factors of Photosynthesis?
- What Is the First Step in Photosynthesis?
- Does C4 Photosynthesis Occur at Night?
- Does Chemiosmosis Occur in Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to photosynthesis.