The mature sperm cell is also called spermatozoa. It is a haploid cell produced by meiosis in male germ cells. Each sperm is motile and comprise the head, neck, middle piece and tail. The average length of spermatozoa is 55-65 µm.
- Why Is A Single Ovum Produced By Oogenesis?
- Do Oogenesis And Spermatogenesis Both Continue Throughout The Human Lifespan?
- Which Hormone Triggers Spermatogenesis?
- During Oogenesis Why Does The Oocyte Arrest Its Cell Division At Various Places, Why Can’t It Form An Ovum Straight Away?
- How Many Polar Bodies Are Formed During Oogenesis In Humans?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to human reproduction.