Humans are omnivore. They eat both plants and animals. They are primary consumers as herbivores and secondary or tertiary consumers as carnivores. They are not at the top of the food chain, instead present in the middle. On a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 being producer, i.e. plants and 5 is the top most predator such as lion, crocodile etc. Humans rank at 2.2 along with pigs.
- Nutrient Cycle
- Genetic Diversity
- MCQs On Ecosystem
- Net Primary Productivity
- Ecology And Environment
- Pyramid Of Biomass Example
- Photosynthetically Active Radiation
- Why Is Species Diversity Important?
- Difference Between Habitat And Niche
- Biodiversity And Conservation
- Environmental Issues – Important Notes For NEET
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to the ecosystem.