Meiosis or reduction division occurs during gametogenesis in the formation of gametes (sperm and ova). Meiosis occurs in the testes and ovaries of males and females, respectively, in the primordial germ cells.
- Why Is A Single Ovum Produced By Oogenesis?
- Do Oogenesis And Spermatogenesis Both Continue Throughout The Human Lifespan?
- Which Hormone Triggers Spermatogenesis?
- During Oogenesis Why Does The Oocyte Arrest Its Cell Division At Various Places, Why Can’t It Form An Ovum Straight Away?
- How Many Polar Bodies Are Formed During Oogenesis In Humans?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to human reproduction.