Mutations, which are beneficial accumulate over time and are known as adaptations. Germline mutations are passed from one generation to another. There are various mutations, which make an organism better adapted to its environment, e.g. lactose tolerance, antibiotic resistance in bacteria, etc.
- Polygenic Inheritance
- Chromosome Structure
- Cell – The Unit of Life
- Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Chromosomal Disorder In Humans
- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
- Principles Of Inheritance And Variation – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Principles Of Inheritance And Variation
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to genes and chromosomes.