B) Human chorionic gonadotropin
Answer: A) Prolactin
Explanation: Placenta acts as a temporary endocrine tissue during pregnancy. It secretes various hormones such as hCG, hPL, estrogen and progesterone. Prolactin is secreted by the pituitary gland and has a role to play in lactation.
- Do Oogenesis And Spermatogenesis Both Continue Throughout The Human Lifespan?
- Which Hormone Triggers Spermatogenesis?
- What Is The Number Of Chromosomes Present In A Spermatid During Spermatogenesis?
- What Is The Advantage Of Arresting Meiosis In Oogenesis?
- Why Is A Single Ovum Produced By Oogenesis?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to Human Reproduction.