- A) Sporopollenin is made up of inorganic materials
- B) Sporopollenin can be degraded by enzymes
- C) Sporopollenin can withstand high temperatures but not strong acids
- D) Sporopollenin can withstand high temperatures as well as strong acids and alkalis
Answer:D) Sporopollenin can withstand high temperatures as well as strong acids and alkalis
Explanation: Sporopollenin is the most resistant organic compound present in the outer layer (exine) of the pollen grains. It helps pollens in withstanding extreme conditions and preserving them as fossils.
- What Is the Purpose of Synergids in an Ovule?
- What Is the Function of Cotyledon?
- Are Integuments Haploid or Diploid?
- What Is the Function of Micropyle?
- What Do You Mean by Triple Fusion?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to Sexual reproduction in flowering plants.