1) It provides somaclonal variation.
2) It reduces the dependence on fungicides and bactericides.
3) It involves the self-pollination of plants.
4) It is independent of germplasm collection.
Answer:4) It is independent of germplasm collection.
Explanation: Germplasm collection refers to the maintenance of viable genetic resources that can be utilised for plant and animal breeding. Germplasm collection can be done in the seed bank, botanical gardens, etc. It can also help in protecting an endangered species from getting extinct.
- Why Does Inbreeding Lead To Homozygosity?
- What Are the Advantages of Inbreeding?
- What Does Outbreeding Involve?
- Strategies For Enhancement In Food Production – Flashcards Of Biology For NEET
- Strategies For Enhancement In Food Production – Important Notes For NEET Biology
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar NEET Questions.