Students in Classes 11 and 12 compete in the Indian National Biology Olympiad (INBO). It is a national-level test and the second stage of the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education’s (HBCSE) Biology Olympiad Programme. It is held in over 15 locations across India, and it attracts a significant number of students each year. These exams, focused on the school curriculum, increase students’ confidence in participating in various events and identify their weak areas. It also enables students to gain a firm grasp of the subject.
INBO emphasises both theories and practice skills equally. As a result, before taking this exam, a student must thoroughly comprehend both theoretical and practical ideas. Teachers can assist students in gaining a thorough comprehension of topics. In this article, we will discuss the INBO syllabus 2022 in detail.
Main Topics of INBO Syllabus
The INBO is the second round of the Biology Olympiad Programme. To be eligible for INBO, one must pass the National Standard Examination in Biology (NSEB). The Indian National Biology Olympiad is held for students in grades 11 and 12 and covers the CBSE biology curriculum. INBO does not have a detailed syllabus and focuses on the fundamental ideas taught in Class 10+2. The INBO previous years’ question papers can be used to learn more about the INBO exam pattern.
The INBO curriculum is identical to the NSEB curriculum and includes the following topics:
- Plant Physiology and Animal Physiology
- Anatomy of Plants and Animals
- Cell Biology – Structure and function of cells
- Protein Synthesis and Transportation
- Cell Division – Mitosis and Meiosis
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and Its Conservation and Environmental Issues
INBO Sample Papers: What are the advantages?
INBO sample papers should be solved daily for the following reasons:
- It provides students with a good understanding of the INBO exam pattern and difficulty level.
- These sample papers are created in the format of INBO previous years’ papers, so students can get a sense of the types of questions that will be asked.
- Solving these sample papers will assist students in identifying their weak areas and provide guidance on improvement.
- It raises students’ confidence and improves their time management skills.
- Solving INBO sample papers regularly will improve their speed and accuracy.