INChO is an annual competition for high school students that allows them to display their skills in their favourite subject, Chemistry. The competition is organised by the Homi Bhabha Centre in collaboration with the Indian Association of Chemistry Teachers every year. Students in grades 11 and 12 can take the INChO Olympiad exam after passing the NSEC (National Standard Examination in Chemistry) exam. Around 3000 candidates take this test every year, but InChO chooses only the top 1%.
The Indian National Chemistry Olympiad (INChO) follows the rules as an international level test. The INChO 2022 results will be available on the official website of the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. Candidates will be notified once the HBCSE publishes the Indian National Chemistry Olympiad result 2022. INChO is a nationwide competitive exam that assesses students’ understanding of fundamental and advanced chemistry principles.
How to Check Your INChO 2022 Result
Candidates should have their roll number, username, and date of birth (which serves as a password) handy while checking their INChO 2022 results. The procedure for checking INChO 2022 results is outlined below.
- Step 1: Go to the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education’s official website.
- Step 2: Go to the INChO 2022 results page and click on the link.
- Step 3: Fill up the appropriate fields with your credentials (username and password).
- Step 4: The result of INChO 2022 will appear on the screen.
You can save the result on your computer for future use. On the HBCSE’s official website, you can also see the average top marks, merit list, and minimum permissible score.
Preparation Tips for INChO
- Students aiming to pass the INChO test should keep in mind that it is a worldwide exam. Thus, they should strategize and schedule their studies properly.
- Students interested in taking the INChO exam should begin by strengthening their knowledge.
- From Classes 7 to 10, students are encouraged to participate in local Olympiads hosted by their schools. This will provide them with an overview of the larger goal, allowing them to evaluate their understanding and improve their scores.
- Students should begin studying for this exam as soon as possible. For example, a student can begin with inorganic and physical chemistry in Class 10 and then focus on the other topics in Classes 11 and 12.
- In Class 10, students may begin by studying and solving the NCERT, and as he/she progresses through the grades, they can develop the basics and pursue more complex topics.
Indian National Chemistry Olympiad Reference Book 2022
In this part, we will limit our recommendations to works that are relevant to the 2022 tests. These are the books:
- Students must refer to the general literature they read in their JEE mains and advance level preparation for level 1. They would be able to pass level 1 with just the guide books or NCERT books they have studied.
- Level 2 – Students are expected to expand their knowledge. Since this is an international exam, they must broaden their horizons and specialise in each of the subjects. They can use the following books to do so:
- Inorganic Chemistry – Lee or Housecroft
- Organic Chemistry – Calyden, Morrison and Boyed. In India, Morrison and Boyed are mainly available.
- Physical Chemistry – Atkin
- Analytical Chemistry – Skoog
- Practical Chemistry – I. Vogel
- Biochemistry – Lehninger