The Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPhO) is the second of five stages in India’s physics Olympiad programme. As a result, they are chosen to compete in the International Physics Olympiad. It is intended for secondary school students who want to expand their knowledge of Physics on a global scale. The IPhO is a competitive exam that represents a reference point for pre-university Physics students while also stimulating international collaboration. The INPhO exam’s primary goal is to improve the performance of physics educational standards.
Key Points on Examination
The INPhO exam is organised by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education and is held annually on the last Sunday of January or the first Sunday of February for students in the upper secondary level. To be eligible for the INPhO exam, students in grades 11 and 12 must first pass the NSEP exam. This exam is used to screen candidates for the Physics Orientation-Cum-Selection-Camp and to represent India in the International Physics Olympiad exam. The syllabus for INPhO is also the same as for Classes 11 and 12. CBSE (CBSE Board of Examiners).
The candidates can enrol for the exam by following the steps outlined below. The procedure for INPhO Olympiad Exam Registration is as follows:
- Go to the official website to start the registration
- Select the olympiad option
- Then select upcoming events
- To enrol in InPhO, enter the NSE centre code, roll number, and date of birth
- Students must select an examination centre at the time of registration
Students who wish to register for the INPhO exam must pay Rs. 150 in enrollment fees at the NSE registration facility. Each student is charged an enrollment fee per topic.
Each olympiad exam has different eligibility requirements for students to take the exam. Applicants must meet the INPhO eligibility criteria 2022 to take the exam. The following are the INPhO 2022 eligibility requirements:
- Candidates who have not begun university or college before June 1st
- The candidate must have an Indian passport
- The candidate is not allowed to compete in NSEJS 2022.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must be a resident of India and must have been studying in India since November 30, 2019, and have not completed the 12th board examination before the mentioned date.
- The candidate’s date of birth should be between 1 July 2002 and 30 June 2007 (both days are included).
Frequently Asked Questions on INPhO eligibility criteria
How many times is the INPhO exam conducted during a year?
What is the syllabus of the INPhO examination?
Discuss the exam pattern for the INPhO exam.
- The first level consists of 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in one hour.
- For rough work, students are given a rough sheet. A total of 5 or 6 questions make up the second level.
- One hour is required to answer the questions.
- This is followed by 1 hour, where the students are expected to write their answers on the sheets handed out during this period. Before appearing in the INPhO exam, good preparation in physics is mandatory to answer all questions in both stages. It is essential to have a solid foundational understanding of the main concepts and equations for INPhO 2022.