In India, the National Cyber Olympiad is an annual competition open to students in Classes 1 to 10. It provides a chance for students from a variety of disciplines to learn and test their abilities in order to improve their skills. The NCO exam has been held three times with great success, in 2009, 2011 and 2016. Each school can submit a minimum of 5 students for SOF NCO 2022. The exam must be administered at a convenient time for each institution.
Registration for Exam
Students studying in grades 1 to 10 are eligible to take the SOF NCO exam. All SOF-registered schools get a prospectus containing registration forms. Schools that have not yet registered may request a prospectus by sending an email to the official email ID of SOF or calling the office. By the due date, schools must return the registration forms to SOF, duly filled out and complete in all respects. The NCO registration is complete when the candidate pays the registration fee.
- A registration fee of Rs 125 (including GST) per student per Olympiad is paid to SOF by schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal to cover the cost of the examination.
- Schools may charge an additional Rs 25 per student to cover the honorarium of the in-charge, instructor salary, and other expenditures.
- Students with serious physical disabilities or an Indian student whose parent was killed in a defence operation do not have to pay the fee.
Each olympiad exam has certain clauses for the eligibility for the students to write the examination. The candidates must fulfil the NCO eligibility criteria 2022 to appear for the exam.
- The Science Olympiad Foundation requires the student’s schools to register with them. If the school has not yet registered, it can do so by sending an email to the SOF.
- Only pupils in grades 1 to 10 are eligible.
- Students should complete the application form and submit it only through their school.
- The Science Olympiad Foundation does not accept individual applications.
- Computer and information technology are mandatory subjects for all students.
- The exam is only open to students from recognised boards such as CBSE, ICSE, and state boards.
Achievers of NCO
SOF NCO winners will get international, zonal, and school topper prizes. NCO is a single-level exam. Each winner will be eligible for one exam award. Only the higher level award will be given to the winners. For example, the top three international rank holders will be eligible for rewards depending on their international positions. Awards for zonal ranks will be distributed to the next rank holder. Similarly, a zonal award winner’s class topper award will be presented to the next rank holder.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCO Eligibility Criteria
Who is eligible for taking the NCO examination?
How is the student benefitted by taking the NCO examination?
Stimulates the attention of pupils in cyber security.
Beginning in primary school, improving students’ computer skills and knowledge.
Prepare students for the technical skills needed in today’s digital world.