The National Standard Examination in Chemistry is administered by Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education and the Indian Association of Physics Teachers. The examination is conducted annually in November, and it is conducted at a number of different locations across the country. The National Science Education Centre focuses on promoting interest in chemistry. The NSEC recognises students’ accomplishments based on their exam results. This exam is for students who desire to explore chemistry and want to obtain knowledge of the topic while studying for the exam by completing a self-assessment. Students who pass this exam will be eligible to compete in the INCO (Indian National Chemistry Olympiad).
Overview of Exam
The National Standard Examination in Chemistry (NSEC) is a chemistry examination for students in higher secondary schools in India. In most cases, the test takes place in late November. The Indian Association of Physics Teachers is in charge of this exam. This exam is taken by around 30,000 students, the majority of whom are in Class 12. Students in their final year of high school can take the NSEC test, which is a higher-level examination. The National Standard Examination in Chemistry is essential because it is the first level that students must pass before competing in the International Chemistry Olympiad. This exam is held by the IAPT to evaluate students’ chemistry knowledge and select the best candidates to represent India at the international level. Students must make a one-time payment.
NSEC Application Form
NSEC registration forms are available at one’s nearby NSEC centre. The registration form for the National Standard Examination in Chemistry can be completed online or in-person at one of the NSEC centres. The instructions given in the form will assist the candidate in filling out the NSEC registration form.
The Procedure for Filling Up the Form
The NSEC application form is available every year throughout the month of September (excluding this year owing to the Coronavirus). Both online and offline versions of the NSEC application form are available. The NSEC application form will be available at different NSE centres for the above-mentioned time period. To receive the candidate’s copy of the NSEC application form, one must follow the guidelines below:
- The first step is to locate the NSE centre closest to the candidate. IAPT has opened over a thousand centres across the country in the previous few years. A PDF file with the name, address, and phone number of each centre can be found here.
- The second step is to complete the NSEC application form. The NSEC application form is available with the centre coordinator when a candidate finds a suitable exam centre. Later the candidate can fill out the application form.
Payment of Registration Fees
To complete the registration process for the NSEC exam, students must pay registration fees to the school authorities.
- The IAPT receives the registration fees from students.
- Students pay a one-time registration fee, and those who qualify and progress to the next step are not needed to pay fees until the final stage.
- The registration cost will not be reimbursed once a student has paid it.
Any state-approved school or college with a minimum enrolment of 20 students is eligible to become an NSE centre, subject to permission by the Chief Coordinator, IAPT Examinations. Usually, in the month of August, online NSE centre registration will be available on the IAPT website.
Frequently Asked Questions on NSEC Application Form
What is the eligibility criteria for NSEC examination 2022?
The following are the eligibility requirements for NSEC 2022:
- Students must have an Indian passport.
- The candidate’s date of birth must be between 1 July 2002 and 30 June 2007, both days inclusive.
- Must have been residing and studying in India from 30 November 2019 or earlier OR must have been studying in an Indian educational system since 30 November 2019 or earlier.
- Class XII board test or equivalent must not have been passed (or expected to be completed) before 30 November 2021.
- There must not be any NSEJS 2022 exams scheduled.
- By 1 June 2023, the candidate must not have started (or plan to start) studies at a university or equivalent institution.
How is the syllabus designed for the NSEC Exam?
How can one register for the NSEC exam?
What is the next step after the NSEC exam?
There are different stages after the NSEC exam are mentioned below.
- National Standard Examination in Chemistry (NSEC)
- Indian National Chemistry Olympiad (INChO)
- Orientation cum Selection Camp of Chemistry (OSC)
- Pre-departure Training Camp for INChO (PDT)
- Participation in the International Chemistry Olympiad