Genetically Modified Crops
Q. Cultivation of Bt cotton has been much the news. The prefix “Bt” means
- “Barium - treated” cotton seeds
- “Bigger thread” variety of cotton with better tensile strength
- Production by “biotechnology” using restriction enzymes and ligases
- Carrying an endotoxin gene from Bacillus thuringiensis
Q. Bt-cotton is a
- Intergenic variety
- Inter-specific variety
- Genetically modified variety.
- Intra specific variety
Q. A crop variety improvement technique in which the desired gene is introduced into a particular plant is known as ___.
- genetic engineering
- cross breeding
- mixed cropping
Q. Which of the following is a result of natural selection?
- Seedless grapes
- Insecticide resistant mosquitoes
- Disease resistant crop plants
- Cattle for high milk yield
Q. The activation of cry proteins results in the______
- Death of the cotton
- Death of the worm
- Death of the bacteria
- Death of the virus
is a genetically modified plant.
- Bt. cotton