5 Kingdom Classification
What is the importance of classification?
Who is the father of taxonomy?
In which kingdom do we find prokaryotes?
Briefly describe the importance of classification.
Blue-green algae belong to the kingdom Protista. (True or False)
Draw a flow chart showing the major divisions in Kingdom Plantae? Also, mention the criteria for classification. [5 MARKS]
Name the five kingdoms according to the new classification.
- Kingdom Protista includes organisms like Euglena which have chloroplast and flagella.
- Kingdom Animalia depends directly or indirectly on kingdom Plantae.
- Kingdom Monera includes all eukaryotes.
- Kingdom Fungi includes both unicellular and multicellular organisms.
Amoeba and Paramecium come under the kingdom __________.
Which do you think is a more basic characteristic for classifying organisms?
(a) The place where they live.
(b) The kind of cells they are made of. Why?
What are the three domains of life?
What kingdom does anabaena belongs to?
What are pores in sponges called?
why do we need classification? minimum 5 points.
Paramoecium is a multicellular animal.
During hibernation, the frog respires through_______.
Who proposed the five kingdom classification?What are the five kngdoms? Name one organism that belongs to each of these kingdom.
Assertion: Viruses are classified as living organism.
Reason: They have very simple, non-cellular structure and cannot exist independently.
- Both Assertion and Reason are correct. But Reason is not the correct explanation of Assertion.
- Both Assertion and Reasons are incorrect.
- The Assertion is incorrect but Reason is correct.
- Both Assertion and Reason are correct and Reason is the correct explanation of Assertion.
Why some algae are considered to be in kingdom protista?
- Mode of nutrition
- Structure of cell wall
- Asexual reproduction
- Structure of nucleus
What is archaebacteria habitat?
Which of the following is not a criterion for classification of living organisms?
(a) The body design of the organism
(b) Ability to produce one’s own food
(c) Membrane-bound nucleus and cell organelles
(d) The height of the plant
Question 35 (a)
Write true (T) or false (F)
(a) Whittaker proposed five kingdom classifications.
Give any two main characteristic features of kingdom Animalia.
Name the book written by Carolus Linnaeus on classification of organisms.
- eukaryotic and multicellular
- prokaryotic and multicellular
- prokaryotic and unicellular
- eukaryotic and unicellular