Why is spore formation in bacteria not considered a form of reproduction ?
Write a note on Kingdom Monera.
Blue-green algae are placed in kingdom Monera. Why?
- The cells have no defined nucleus.
- The organisms are single celled.
- The cells have no mitochondria.
- The cells have cytoplasm.
- a, b, e
- b, c, e
- a, c, d
- a, d, e
What was the drawback of the three kingdom classification?
Name the three common types of bacteria.
Causative agent of ringworm is _____.
The kingdom Monera is divided into ____________.
- Both A and B
- None of these
What is the contribution of Carl Woese (1977) in classification of living beings?
Prokaryotes are included in the kingdom___.
Bacteria are refered to as prokaryotes because :
(a) They have no chlorophyll
(b) They are unicellular
(c) They are free living
(d) They do not have a true nucleus.
How do bacteria survive harsh conditions ?
Diarrhoea, cholera, typhoid, are the diseases that have one thing in common, that is
all of them are caused by bacteria
all of them are transmitted by contaminated food and
all of them are cure by antibiotics
all of the above.
What are the components of a fungal cell wall?
- The name of the genus begins with a capital letter.
- The name of the species begins with a capital letter.
- When printed, the scientific name is given in italics.
- The name of the species begins with a small letter.
In what respect do you consider bacteria as simple organisms ?
How does Nostoc fix nitrogen?
Which bacteria is rod shaped ?
(a) Coccus (b) Spirillum
(c) Bacillus (d) Vibrio
Choose odd one out and also a reason from the following of prokaryotic cells, chitin, nucleoid, muramic acid
What are the 2 kingdoms of prokaryotes?