Groups in Modern Periodic Table
Q. Which of the following elements shows properties similar to chlorine?
Q. Identify the common property amongst beryllium, magnesium and calcium in the modern periodic table.
- Same number of electrons in the atom.
- Same number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- Same number of shells occupied by the electrons.
- Their atomic radii is the same.
Q. An element having electronic configuration 2, 8, 7 will belong to _____ and _____ of modern periodic table.
- 3rd group & 7th period
- 17th group & 2nd period
- 7th group & 3rd period
- 17th group & 3rd period
Which of the following sets of elements do not belong to the same group?
- F, Cl, Br
- Na, K, Rb
- P, S, Cl
- C, Si, Ge
Q. The electron affinity of the elements _____ down a group.
- remains same
- increases or decreases
Q. All the elements in the same group of the modern periodic table have the same number of valence electrons.
Q. The chemistry of lithium is very similar to that of magnesium even though they are placed in different groups, because:
- both are found together in nature.
- both have nearly the same size.
- the ratio of their charge to size is nearly the same.
- both have similar electronic configuration.
Q. Elements of a group have similar chemical properties.
All the elements in a particular group have the same ________.
Same mass number
Same number of valence electrons
Different number of valence electrons
Same number of shells
Q. How many groups and periods are there in the modern periodic table?
- 18, 8
- 18, 7
- 7, 18
- 8, 18