Aurangzeb's Reign of Endless Wars
Q. Raja Todar Mal was the revenue minister of
- Shah Jahan
Q. Why did Aurangzeb lose the goodwill of a vast majority of non-Muslim subjects?
- He executed the eighth Sikh Guru, for refusing to embrace Islam.
- Hindu traders had to give 5% tax as custom duty.
- He reimposed Jizya tax on non-Muslims.
- He imposed pilgrimage tax on non-Muslims.
Q. Which Maratha was executed by Aurangzeb?
- Tatya Tope
Q. Which of the following policy was not adopted by Aurangzeb?
- Appointment of Muhtasibs
- Discontinuation of Jharoka Darshan
- Abolishment of Nauroz celebrations
- Formulation of Din-i-Ilahi
Q. Which of the following policies of Aurangzeb destroyed the unity among his subjects?
- Aurangzeb reimposed the jizya tax.
- Aurangzeb appointed the Muhtasibs.
- Aurangzeb restored the Muslim Law of Conduct following the Quran.
- Aurangzeb prohibited the observance of Hindu festivals.
Q. In the South, Aurangzeb laid siege to
in 1656 CE.
Q. New Year's Day called Nauroz was celebrated during the reign of Aurangzeb.
Q. Who was the last Maratha leader Aurangzeb faced?