Decline of The Gupta Empire
Q. I was crowned at the age of 16. I ruled between 606 CE and 647 CE. I was a brilliant administrator. I was a lover of music, literature and religion. Kannauj was my capital.
Who am I?
Who am I?
- Chandragupta- I
- Chandragupta Maurya
Q. Who invaded Iran and India in the 5th century CE?
- Shweta Huns
Q. The Huns were originally from the northern regions of Iran.
Q. Pick the statements which are correct about Harshavardhana, the last ruler of Vardhanas:
- He was the second son of king Prakashavardhana.
- He ruled between 606 CE to 647 CE.
- He was a patron of culture.
- He kept Kannauj as his capital.
Q. Hsuan Tsang was a Chinese traveller who wrote ______ and visited India in __________.
- Si-yu-ki, 630 CE
- Si-ki-yu, 630 CE
- Si-yu-ki, 600 CE
- Si-ki-yu, 600 CE
Q. Select the correct statements about the Huns:
- They originated from Eastern China.
- They invaded India first and then Iran.
- They defeated the Guptas and took the northern regions.
- Toramana led the first invasions to India.
Q. The Gupta Empire disintegrated into smaller kingdoms by the end of
- 650 CE
- 550 CE
- 320 CE
- 450 CE