Q. Enumerate the principles of Sufism.
Q. What were the effects of Sufism?
Q. Who among the following was the first known Sufi to settle in India?
- Mir Mukhtar Akhyar
- Shah Amanat
- Sheikh Ismail
- Abdul Rehman Jilani Dehlvi
Q. Tasawwuf is the Arabic term for Sufism.
Q. Sufism originated in Arabia and Persia region as a reaction against the worldliness of the early Umayyad period. Which of the following sentences are true with regard to Sufism?
- It advocated simple living while opposing the display of excessive wealth
- It believed that Sufism is greater than all other religions.
- It propagated universal brotherhood.
- Sufi saints believed that one could reach God through personal devotion and love.
Q. Sufi Islamic devotional singing is also known by which among the below given names?
Q. 'X' believe that they become closer to God through inner purification and introspection. They love every living creature for the sake of their creator's love. They practice foregiveness of the mistakes of man. They adhere to the five pillars of Islam and live in perfection with body and soul. Identify 'X'.
- Marathi saints
Q. Sufi saints migrated to India from _____ and _____ regions.
Q. Which of the following is/are the name(s) of the most famous Sufi Silsilas in India?