The source of energy of the sun is ___
- Earth's core
- nuclear reactors
- Nuclear fission
- Chemical reaction
- Thermal reaction
- Nuclear fusion
- 107 K
- 104 K
- 1000 K
- 105 K
The loss of mass in a nuclear reaction is 0.45%. How much energy is released in the fusion of 2 Kg mass?
- 9.03×1014 J
- 4.05×1014 J
- 4.05×107 J
- 9.03×107 J
For a fusion reaction between two lightweight nuclei to occur, the Columbic repulsion between them is required to be overcome. This can be done by which of the following ways?
- Increasing the temperature of the sample
- Decreasing the temperature of the sample
- Increasing the average kinetic energy of the nuclei to be fused
- Applying a high electric field
Calculate the Q-value of the fusion reaction 4He+4He=8Be Is such a fusion energetically favorable? Atomic mass of 8Be is 8.0053 u and that of 4He is 4.0026 u.
- The Q value is negative and the reaction is energetically favorable
- The Q value is positive and the reaction is energetically favorable
- The Q value is positive but the reaction is not energetically favorable
- The Q value is negative and the reaction is not energetically favorable
Two lithium nuclei at room temperature do not combine to form a carbon nucleus, because:
A lithium nucleus is more tightly bound than a carbon nucleus.
Carbon nucleus is an unstable particle.
It is not energetically favorable.
Coulomb repulsion does not allow the nuclei to come very close.
The masses of neutron and proton are 1.0087 amu and 1.0073 amu respectively. If the neutrons and protons combine to form a helium nucleus (alpha particles) of mass 4.0015 amu. The binding energy of the helium nucleus will be [1 amu= 931 MeV]