When an ideal conductor is connected to the terminals of a battery of 5V, the potential difference between the two terminals becomes
What is the work done in moving a charge of 0.4 C across two points having a potential difference of 8 V?
- 3.2 J
- 0.2 J
- 1.2 J
- 0.4 J
Calculate the effective potential difference for the cells in series given below.
- 20 V
- 24 V
- 26 V
- 25 V
- None of the above
Electric potential difference between two points is the work done to move a unit charge from one point to the other.
- Electrons move from the point which is at higher potential to the point which is at lower potential
- Electrons move from the point which is at lower potential to the point which is at higher potential
- Protons move from the point which is at lower potential to the point which is at higher potential
- Protons move from the point which is at higher potential to the point which is at lower potential
The water is flowing from a certain height on the paddle wheel. The water is going to turn a paddle wheel much quicker if _______.
- Water from any height will turn the paddle wheel equally.
- Data insufficient
Two points have a potential difference of 10 V. After connecting a conductor with zero resistance between the points, the final potential at each point becomes 25 V. What could be their initial potentials?
- 25V and 35V
- 20V and 30V
- 30V and 40V
- 35V and 45V
A point is said to have a high potential when there is a higher deficiency of ___ at that point.
- Atomic nuclei