What does the equation given below represent?
Which of the following are functions of components of the respiratory system?
Delivering oxygen to and removing carbon dioxide from the blood
All of the above
Warming and moistening of inhaled air
Assisting in the maintenance of blood pH
Which one of the following is not true about the human respiratory system?
There is a direct contact between body cells and the surrounding air.
It meets the higher oxygen demands.
It maintains acid balance.
It maintains Oxygen and Carbon-dioxide balance
In which of the following process carbon dioxide is not released?
Aerobic respiration in animals
Aerobic respiration in plants
Respiration which takes place during day time is called as ______
- Tissue exchange
- Alveoli exchange
- Exchange of gases
- Maintaining pH balance
- Carbon dioxide is always released in anaerobic respiration
- Anaerobic respiration takes place in the cytoplasm
- More energy is produced in aerobic respiration when compared to anaerobic respiration
- The process of respiration in mammalian red blood cells is carried out anaerobically
- Respiration is the process of the exchange of gases between the lungs and the atmosphere
- Breathing is an extracellular process
- Energy is used in the process of breathing
- Several enzymes are involved in the process of respiration