Q. If a Patla does not fulfill his/her duties, then he/she could be replaced by
- the Panch
- the villagers
- the founding family
- the richest person
Q. Which among the following did not lead to the Patla's losing their popularity?
- Greater reliance on courts and governments by tribal members
- The advent of the Panchayati Raj system
- An influx of outsiders
- The extinction of the founding families of tribes
Q. When the headman becomes arrogant, what can be done?
- The Panch can remove the headman.
- The tribe's members can settle in new places.
- The tribe's members can re-elect a new headman.
- They can request the government to take action.
Q. How should the village headman (Patla) spend his extra finances earned through the free labour provided by the tribe's family members?
- Pay the government as tax
- For his own benefit
- For the benefit of the Panch
- For the welfare of his tribe's members
Q. Who has the authority to remove the village headman ?
- Oldest person in the tribe
- Tribe members
Q. Ram founded a village named Ramsthal. Meena is best friend to Parvathi who is the grand-daughter of Ram. Jai and Preet are the sons of Meena and Parvathi respectively. Also, Karan and Jai are best friends. Parth, who is the current Patla of Ramsthal has fallen ill and wants a new Patla to be chosen. Who among the following is a suitable person to be chosen as the Patla as per the tribal tradition?
Q. The village headman is also known as the ___.
Q. State the factor(s) that led to the headmen losing his position?
- Rise of Monarchy
- Rise of dictorship
- Election of sarpanches
- The advent of courts and police
Q. Which among the following is a duty of the Patla?
- To coordinate various community festivals.
- To ensure the unity of the villagers.
- To cultivate for the entire tribe.
- To negotiate with the outsiders.
Q. What was given to the Patla in return for his services to the tribe?
- All of the above
- Access to the wealth of the tribe
- Free food from every household
- One day's labour in his field by all