Fertilizers and Pesticides
Pesticides are the chemicals usually sprayed for killing pests on the crops. Although they kill the pests, they have a few disadvantages. Choose the correct ones.
Pesticides are poisonous for the plants.
Pesticides pollute soil.
Pesticides are harmful for human consumption.
Pesticides work only in suitable weather.
- organic farming
- mixed farming
- synthetic farming
- artificial farming
Manure enhances the _______ of the soil.
- NPK fertilizer, green manure, goat droppings
- Urea, cow dung, NPK fertilizer
- Vermicompost, poultry wastes, green manure
- Bone meal, fish manure, phosphate fertilizer
_________ is used to avoid the disadvantages of chemical fertilizers.
- It increases soil microflora.
- It increases soil fertility.
- It prevents weathering of rocks.
- It increases water holding capacity.
Which of the following is NOT a biopesticide?
Which of the following method(s) can be used to control the growth of weeds in the fields?
All of these
Compost prepared by turning farm wastes including animal wastes into manure using earthworms is called vermicompost.
Traditionally, dried neem leaves are mixed with the grains during their storage. Here, the neem leaves act as________