Q. Which of the following are present in a prokaryotic cell?
- Golgi complex
Q. Prokaryotic cells are primitive cells which lack a well defined _____ .
Q. Which of the following statements are true regarding mycoplasma?
- The nucleus is not surrounded by a nuclear membrane.
- Its genetic material is represented as naked Deoxyribonucleic Acid
- The cell is surrounded only by a cell wall and cell membrane is absent.
- It is the smallest bacterial cell.
Cells with a well defined nucleus are called _____A____ and without well-defined nucleus are called ____B____ .
- A: unicellular B: multicellular
- A: prokaryotic B: eukaryotic
- A: multicellular B: unicellular
- A: eukaryotic B: prokaryotic
Q. Prokaryotic ribosomes have larger
subunit and smaller subunit.
Q. In prokaryotes, chromatophores are
- Specialised granules responsible for colouration of cells
- Structures responsible for organizing the shape of the cell
- Internal membrane system that may become extensive and complex in photosynthetic bacteria
- Inclusion bodies lying free inside the cells for carrying out various metabolic activities
Q. Pilus is the appendage required for bacterial
- cell division
Which of the following statements about a prokaryotic cell is incorrect?
It has no Golgi apparatus
It is generally smaller than a eukaryotic cell
It has an impermeable membrane that encloses the DNA
Electron transport chain takes place at the cell membrane
Q. E. coli is a
Q. What is the main differentiating feature between eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells?
- Plasma membrane
- DNA structure
- Membrane-bound organelles