Q. Vultures and Hyenas are (Choose the most appropriate answer)
Q. When the number of individuals in a species becomes so small that the species may not survive, the species is:
Q. What effect does the extinction of animals have on biodiversity?
- Extinction contributes to an increase in biodiversity.
- Extinction contributes to a decrease in biodiversity.
- Extinction randomly changes biodiversity in one direction or the other.
- Extinction has no impact on biodiversity.
Q. What is an endangered species?
- a species that has become domesticated
a species that is included in catch and release programs
- a species that is very aggressive
- a species that is at risk of becoming extinct
Q. If none of the individuals within a particular species can survive to reproduce, what will happen to that species?
- they will increase in number
- they will become extinct
- they will evolve into a new species
they will adapt to a new environment
Q. The dodo is a/an
species of birds.
- critically endangered
Q. Extinction is a natural process that has occurred throughout the history of life on Earth. In the 21st century, extinction is a big problem because:
- the rate of extinction is much slower than ever before
- the rate of extinction is much faster than ever before
- there are fewer species that could become extinct than ever before
- now we can record when it happens
Plant species are more vulnerable to extinction than animals because:
- both A and B
- plants cannot move around and so are more prone to extinction
- none of these
- humans depend on plants more than animals
Q. Which animal falls under the category of extinct species?
- Dodo bird
Q. The term applied to a species that can no longer be found living is