The Sepoy Mutiny
Q. Who among the following was not a participant in the revolt of 1857?
- Rani Lakshmi Bhai
- Mangal Pandey
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- Nana Saheb
Q. What do you mean by the word 'Firangis'?
Q. Mangal Pandey was hanged to death on _______.
- 29th May, 1856
- 29th March 1857
- 29th July 1858
- 29th August 1859
Q. Where was Nana Sahib living during the 1857 rebellion?
Q. Which among the following is true about the Sepoy Mutiny?
- The British hurt the religious sentiments of the Indian soldiers.
- All of the above.
- Cow fat was used as artillery grease.
- Pig fat was used as artillery grease.
Q. The principal or nodal points of the Revolt of 1857 were ____________.
, a law was passed allowing Indians who had converted to Christianity to inherit property; this was not allowed earlier.
Q. The Indian sepoys refused to travel by sea to fight in
Q. Pick the correct statement(s).
- In 1857, Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar was declared as the ruler behind the revolt of 1857.
- The Indian Sepoys were enraged when Mangal Pandey was hanged.
- The Sepoys were planning to make Governor-General Hastings the Viceroy of India.
- The Nawab of Oudh killed Subedar Sitaram.
Q. The East India Company issued an order in 1856 stating that all new employees of the Company’s army had to go overseas if required.