First Aid for Electric Shock
Telephone wires are kept tight between two poles in summer.
Can DC voltage kill you?
What are the precautions that one must take while handling electrical appliances? State any four points
The injury from an electrical shock depends on
the type of current
how the current traveled through the body
the intensity of the voltage
the company which makes circuits
What is/are main component/s to generate electricity in dams?
Penstock pipes, turbine, and generator
Turbine, and generator
Penstock pipes, and generator
- rubber glove
- safety fuse
Pick out the correct situation which may lead to an electric shock.
Changing bulb when the switch is off
Removing plug pins when the switch is on
Using wires with insulation
Operating a switch with a dry hand
Give one example that when potential energy changes to electrical energy.
- The voltage is high
- Voltage is low
- Current is low
- Resistance is high
- Their blood becomes less viscous.
- Their body muscles expand.
- Their blood starts to clot.
- Their body becomes colder.
- Bare hands
- Wet cloth
- Wooden pole
- Iron rod
- The flow of the current in the circuit stops suddenly.
- The fusing of a bulb is nothing but the glowing of the bulb at maximum intensity.
- The current in the circuit increases leading to the damage of the remaining part of the circuit.
- It leads to the heating of the battery source.
Which of the following is not a safety measure while using electricity?
Stand on insulator
Do not touch live wires with bare hands
Getting electrical repairs done by yourself