Q. Identify the incorrect statement from the following.
- The motion of a stone dropped from a roof is rectilinear.
- In rectilinear motion, body moves in a straight line.
- Periodic motion is always oscillatory.
- The motion of a simple pendulum is periodic.
Q. Which among the following is/are oscillatory motion?
- Bullet fired from gun.
- Clock pendulum.
- Motion of blades of a ceiling fan.
- Motion of a vibrating sitar string.
The motion of a simple pendulum is an example of:
- Oscillatory motion
- Circular motion
- Rotational motion
- Rectilinear motion
Q. Which of the following shows a periodic motion?
- Simple pendulum
- Boy running on an irregular path
- Boy running in a straight line
- Girl dancing
Q. A body can have multiple motion at the same time.
Q. Motion of a pendulum is an example for
- rectilinear motion
- periodic motion
- circular motion
A simple pendulum takes 5 seconds to complete 12 oscillations. What will be the time period of pendulum?
- 0.5 s
- 0.12 s
- 0.42 s
- 0.60 s
Calculate the number of oscillations a simple pendulum does in 2 minutes if its time period is 0.5 s.
Consider that the bob of a simple pendulum has moved from its mean position to one of its extreme positions and then again to mean position from where it moved to the other extreme position and then back to the mean position. The bob of the simple pendulum has now completed:
Q. The vibration of a tuning fork is an example of periodic motion.