A lichen is formed by the association of:
bacteria and fungus
algae and bacterium
fungus and virus
fungus and algae
A secondary sea anemone gets attached to the shell covering of the hermit crab. The association is _____.
- Fig and wasp
- Barnacles on whale
- Roundworms in human intestine
- Orchids on mango tree
Name any one benefit of plants that show Symbiotic associations with fungi.
The life span of common water hyacinth seed is about ___________
Statement 2: A direct food relation between two species of animals in which one kills and feeds on another is known as predation.
- Both statements are incorrect.
- Both statements are correct.
- Only statement 2 is correct.
- Only statement 1 is correct.
Association between Sea Anemone and Hermit crab in gastropod shell is that of:
Is lichen a fungus?
Different types of interactions and the nature of interactions between species A and B are given in column I and II respectively. Choose the correct answer from the answer key where they are matched.
A-q, B- t, C-s, D-r, E-p
A- r, B-p, C-q, D-s, E-t
A- t, B-s, C-p, D-q, E-r
A- p, B- r, C- q, D- t, E- s
Which of the following statement is correct?
- Lichen, an association of fungus and algae is an example of Mutualism
- Sea-anemone on herbit crab is an example of protocooperation
- Mutualism, protocooperation, commensalism cannot be included under symbiosis
- Those epiphytes which use other plants for support only and not for water or food supply are examples of commensalism
An association between two individuals or populations where both benefit and neither can survive without the other is:
Mutualism is an interaction where both organisms benefit from each other.
- Harmless but resembles an obnoxious model.
- Harmless but resembles the background.
- Harmful but resembles a non-toxic model.
- Harmful and resembles a model which is also harmful to predator.
Study the following statements about Adamsia and select your answer from the answer code.
(A) It is a parasite on clownfish.
(B) It is an example of symbiotic mutualism along with clownfish
(C) It is called sea anemone.
(D) It is called hermit crab.
A and B are correct
B and C are correct
A and D are correct
C and D are correct
Assertion [A]: Lichens represent an intimate mutualistic relationship between fungi and photosynthesising algae.
Reason [R]: Mutualistic organisms mostly occupy the same niche and are studied together as they are functionally interlinked.
- Both A and R are false
- Both A and R are true and R explains A
- A is true and R is false
- Both A and R are true R does not explain A
- Species A + Species B -
- Species A + Species B +
- Species A - Species B -
- Species A - Species B +
Which of the following organisms are in symbiosis in a mycorrhiza?
- Blue green algae:: Fungi
- Sea anemone::Hermit crab
Choose the wrong option:
predation - one benefits and the other suffers
commensalism - one benefits and the other is unaffected
amensalism - one is harmed, other unaffected
mutualism - both species are harmed
ColumnIColumnIIA.Commensalism(i) One inhibited, other unaffectedB.Parasitism(ii) One benefitted, other unaffectedC.Mutualism(iii Both are benefittedD.Amensalism(iv) One benefitted, other harmed
- A -(iv), B -(ii), C -(iii), D -(i)
- A -(iii), B -(iv), C -(ii), D -(i)
- A -(ii), B -(iv), C -(iii), D -(i)
- A -(ii), B -(iv), C -(i), D -(iii)
- (i) Parasitic (ii) plant and fungi
- (i) Mutualistic (ii) leguminous plant and rhizobium
- (i) Commensalistic (ii) leguminous plant and rhizobium
- (i) Parasitic (ii) leguminous plant and algae
Read the following given examples
(i) Plant – pollinator mutualism
(ii) African catfish in our rivers for aquaculture
(iii) Fish species with its parasites.
(iv) Nile perch and cichlid fish
Which out of these options correctly gives the examples of “Co – extinctions” as a cause of biodiversity loss.