Land use in urban areas
Q. Government offices, hospitals, post offices, police stations, universities, etc., in urban areas are designated as __________.
- residential areas
- recreational areas
- public utility areas
- commercial areas
Q. Identify the different catagories into which urban land use can be divided into.
- Public utility
- Mixed land
Q. Which among the following is false about Transport land use?
- Petrol pumps does not come under transport land use.
- Transport land use is used for transport facilities of people and goods.
- Roads, railways etc. comes under transport land use.
- Transport land use comes under Urban land use.
Q. Name the colour used to represent residential areas.
Q. Name the colour used to represent commercial areas.
Q. Which among the following is the major purpose of Recreational land use?
- Entertainment of the population
- Residential area
- Grazing animals
Q. Select the right option that does not come under urban land use.
- Commercial land use
- Residential land use
- Public utility area
- Pasture land
Q. Which among the following statement is wrong about urban land use?
- Distribution of population is dense.
- Commercial land use comes under Urban land use.
- Forest land comes under urban land use.
- None of the above.
Q. Which statement among the following is true about recreational land use?
- All the above
- Entertainment of the population.
- Recreational land contains swimming pools, gardens, theatres etc.
- Recreational land is mainly seen in cities.
Q. What are the major establishments we see in a commercial land use?
- All the above