- It is the genetic constitution or makeup of an organism
- It is the set of observable characters of an organism
- It is the molecular response of an organism to an environmental stimulus
- None of these
Reason (R) : A child who inherits ‘X’ chromosome from his father would be a girl (XX), while a child who inherits a ‘Y’ chromosome from the father would be a boy (XY).
- Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of the assertion (A).
- (A) is false, but (R) is true.
- Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of the assertion (A).
- (A) is true, but (R) is, false.
Choose the correct option regarding the two given statements.
Statement 1: Half of the genetic information in a child comes from father.
Statement 2: Environment does not affect the phenotype (observable characteristics or traits) of a person at all.
- Only 1 is correct
- Both 1 and 2 are correct
- Only 2 is correct
- Both are incorrect
When a gene exists in more than one form, the different forms are termed as _______.
Plant height and its growth is regulated by hormones. Hormone production is controlled by ___________.
proteins which control growth
essential nutrients supplied from soil
nucleus and certain minerals in the cytoplasm of plant cells
genes which control enzyme activity for hormone production
The genetic composition of an organism is known as
Phenotypic expression may change with environmental change.
The physical appearance of an individual is known as
Different versions of the same gene are called _______.
Which of the following statements about alleles is not true?
There may be several at a locus
One may be dominant over another
They may show incomplete dominance
They occupy different loci on the same chromosome