Clear and transparent water is always fit for drinking.
Pollutants are responsible for pollution.
A region of a lake is turned into a dead zone. Identify the correct reason.
Washed off fertilizers in the lake
Washed off fertilizers in the lake, acid rain and Eutrophication (all)
Water pollution can be potentially harmful to aquatic life. What are the ways by which water gets contaminated?
Both sewage and industrial wastes
Water can be saved by:
Reusing the water used for washing vegetables
Reducing use of water by closing taps while brushing
Recycling water by storing it in filter unit
All of these
Addition of hot water in the water bodies is considered as water contamination.
Only Statement A is true
Only Statement B is true
- Release of human organic waste into drinking water
- Accumulation of arsenic into atmosphere
- Oil spills into sea
- Release of industrial waste containing mercury into water containing fish and other aquatic animals
What could be the possible reason for the death of the fish in the pond next to the oil palm estate?
- The practice of crop rotation in the estate.
- The use of chemical fertilisers in the estate.
- The waste products given out by the plants.
- The use of biological control in the estate.