How to calculate the valency of nitrogen?
Why does in a chemical equation hydrogen becomes H2 rather than simply H
Why do atoms combine?
Assertion (A) Sodium chloride formed by the action of chlorine gas on sodium metal is a stable compound.
Reason (R) This is because sodium and chloride ions acquire octet in sodium chloride formation.
Choose the correct option.
A and R both are correct and R is the correct explanation of A
A and R both are correct, and R is not the correct explanation of A
A is true, but R is false
A and R both are false
Which is the most electronegative atom?
What is the lone pair effect?
- gained by one of the participating atoms
- not shared by any of the participating atoms
- shared by the participating atoms
- lost by one of the participating atoms
(c) a polar covalent compound and a nonpolar covalent compound?
What is the valency of nitrogen in ammonia ()?
Why are noble gases sometimes called rare gases?
- They are group 3 elements.
- They are very stable elements.
- They do not form bonds with their own species.
- They are noble gases.
What are noble gases why are they also called inert gases?
Hydrogen bond is represented by a__________.
Inert gases have ______________electrons in their outermost shell.
According to octet rule, atoms tends to acheive _____ electrons in the outermost shell.
Which of the following is the correct representation of electron dot structure of nitrogen
- Chemical Bonding
Inert gases are very reactive in nature.
(ii) An organic compound whose functional group is carboxyl.
What is the meaning valency?
- Mass and Pressure of a gas
- Only mass of the gas
- Mass and temperature of a gas
- Only temperature of a gas