Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens. Explain.
Q. What do you mean by 'accommodation' in a democracy?
- Extending the right to vote to all, regardless of different identity traits
- Agreement between people or groups who have the same opinions on a given subject
- Agreement between people or groups who have different opinions on a subject
- Celebrating the diversity of cultures in a population
Q. Who among the following can be called elected representatives in a democracy?
- Head of the family
Q. How is democracy defined in the Cambridge dictionary?
- The belief in freedom and equality between people
- The belief in freedom for the upper classes
- The belief in freedom for the upper castes
- The belief in equality among all men, regardless of race
Q. Which of the following is/are the essential features of a democracy?
- Lack of choice
Q. Given the diverse ethnic composition of this country, it took several steps to recognise differences. These steps made it a model worth emulating and an example of the principle of accommodation. Which country is being talked about here?
- Sri Lanka
Q. Which of the following point can describe democracy?
- As a form of society
- As a form of state
- As a form of government
- All of above
Q. "The constituent assembly worked in a systematic open and consensuel manner." Mention any 3 values that are depicted by the Constituent Assembly.
Q. Democracy is based on a fundamental principle of _____________.
- Naturalised citizenship.
- Political equality.
- Male franchise.
Q. Democracies become dysfunctional due to the accommodation of different opinions and power-sharing among different groups.
Q. Is meritocracy better than democracy? Why? Why not?
Q. Which of the following was adopted by Belgium to make space for cultural and linguistic differences in the country?
- Civil War
- Power sharing