Impact of Colonialism and Imperialism
Q. Which of the following came up with the policy of Non-Alignment?
Q. Which among the following statements are true about India's campaigns in the United Nations (UN)?
- India opposed the oppressive regimes of imperialism and colonialism in the UN.
- India supported the policy of United Nations against racial and colour discrimination.
- India has supported nuclear non-proliferation treaty
- India has always supported the UN campaign against terrorism.
Q. 'X' was influential in forming the Non-Aligned Movement. 'X' was also the Prime Minister of one of the largest third world countries and followed the principles of non-violence. Identify 'X'.
- Josip Broz Tito
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Boris Yeltsin
- Gamal Abdel Nasser
Q. The USA and USSR emerged as big powers after the end of the Second World War and saw geopolitical tension, also known as the Cold War. Which of the following is not true about the Cold War?
- It was a competition between the US and Soviet Union and their respective allies.
- The US and USSR were engaged in direct wars.
- It triggered space race and use of tactics like proxy wars.
- It was an ideological war between the two superpowers.
Q. Which term describes the process of extending control over other countries through military forces or by gaining political or economic control?
- Military Embargo
Q. This policy was followed by the Indian government during the Cold War. It implied remaining neutral and not aligning its interests to that of the two blocs of the United States (US) and the United Socialist Soviet Republic (USSR). This policy enabled India to run an independent foreign policy. This policy soon became the foundation of India's foreign policy post the Cold War. Identify this policy.
- Population Policy
- Anti-Natalist Policy
Q. Which of the following was not associated with the Non-Aligned countries during the Cold War?
- Developing countries
- Developed countries
- Third World countries
- Low-income countries
Q. Imperialism refers to extending control over other countries through military forces or by gaining political or economic control.
Q. Which of the following terms describes the process of subjugation of a country's people by foreign nations?
- Military Imbroglio
Q. The exploitation of Asian, African, and Latin American countries by colonial powers resulted in economic inequality.