Q. Which reforms did the women's movement campaign for before independence?
Q. Who encroached the land of the tribals in the nineteenth century?
- Indian Government
- British Government
Q. The British forced tribals to work on their own land and evicted them from forests.
Q. Choose the correct pair.
- Chota Nagpur
Q. Birsa Munda fought against
by the British.
- land tax
- land grabbing
- salt tax
Q. What is the Forest Rights Act of 2006?
- Individuals can buy forest land and they will be entitled to property rights over that land.
- This act allows the tribals to cultivate the forest land and use forest products.
- This act criminalises environmental degrading activities such as deforestation and poaching.
- This act cordons off regions of forested land for commercial and non-commercial uses.
Q. When was the Forest Rights Act passed?
Q. Which tribe did Birsa Munda belong to?
Q. Which of the following are characterstics of any tribe?
- People live together
- People speak same language
- People have different histories
- People share same culture
Q. What did the farmers refuse to grow during Indigo revolt?