Q. Which of the following methods can be used to make the plasmid vector enter the competent cell?
- Potassium chloride treatment
- Heat shock
- Ultra diluted HCl
Q. During electroporation procedure, the cells are exposed to 220 volts for 5 seconds.
Q. Gene gun can introduce genes into cells with the help of
- Microscopic pellets
Q. Polyethylene glycol method is used for
- Energy production from sewage
- Gene transfer without a vector
- Seedless fruit production
- Biodiesel production
Q. Which of the following is the advantage of meiotic recombination in diploids?
- Helps in maintaining chromosome length
- Ensures chromosome segregation
- Helps chromosomes to attach to the spindle microtubules
- Ensures new combinations of genetic traits
Q. Where is biolistic technique used?
- Gene transfer process
- Hybridization process
- Tissue culture process
- Germplasm conservation process
Q. Which of these is used as vector in gene therapy for SCID?
Q. Microparticles for coating with DNA to be bombarded with gene gun are made of
- Gold or tungsten
- Platinum or zinc
- Silicon or platinum
- Silver or platinum
Q. Transfer of genetic material into a bacterial cell through a viral vector is known as
Q. Biolistics (gene-gun) is suitable for
- Disarming pathogen vectors
- Transformation of plant cells
- Constructing recombinant DNA by joining with vectors
- DNA fingerprinting